Friday, May 4, 2012

Arches 2.0

Fiery Furnace
Rewind, Repeat, Fast Forward
Wednesday I woke up and everything went wrong.  First, I blew a fuse in my car.  Then, I lost most my photos from the day before. Lastly, my car broke down at an area called the “Fiery Furnace.”  Luckily, life gives you lemons to make lemonade, trite but true.
Since I was suppose to go Canyonlands, but needed to stay in Moab to get my fuse fixed, I decided I would retake pictures of the places I really enjoyed from Arches.  The guys at Royce’s electronics in Moab are phenomenal and fixed my car and showed me how to replace a fuse by myself next time.  So I hurried back over to Arches.  Since I needed to run anyway, I decided to challenge myself and run the trails I had hiked the day before.  After 6+ miles of running, I felt pretty exhausted but content.  I actually think Michelle Obama should promote a jog the national parks as part of her fit for life campaign.  Anyway, I decided to stop by the “Fiery Furnace Overlook” to take a few picture of the red spires.  Got back in the car, but it wouldn’t start.  AAA is a godsend.  My mom got it for me years ago since I am notorious for locking myself out of my car, but when you are stuck in the midday sun at the “Fiery Furnace” AAA is the only way to go.
Me below the Delicate Arch after my morning run.
A little sunny on backside of Double O Arch

Early afternoon, and I was finally on my way to Canyonlands.  I often find myself sweating the small stuff in life; this experience was an affirmation that making the best of bad situation is far less exhausting than trying to control the unforeseeable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment